Bow Placement Tips:
- Good tone quality is achieved through proper bow placement, bow speed and bow pressure.
- Slightly tilt the wood of the bow towards the fingerboard.
- Place the bow on the string at the middle point between the bridge and the fingerboard.
- Draw the bow in a straight line so the bow remains parallel to the bridge.
- Loud sounds can be achieved with heavy bow pressure and by drawing the bow close to the bridge.
- Soft sounds can be achieved with light bow pressure and by drawing the bow close to the fingerboard.
- Keep the level of the arm and bow constant while playing on different strings.
© Copyright 2013 RK Deverich. All rights reserved.